Friday, January 29, 2010

Nursing school is OVER!!!!

I have finally finished nursing school!! I am so excited and relieved to finally be able to say this. The past year and a half have been quite stressful for me. I have worked so hard and now it's over, thank goodness!! This past week has been so hard for me. At my school we are required to pass an exit exam in order to graduate and we had two chances to take it. The first attempt was last Friday and I failed it. I was devastated. To add to that my parents and two of my siblings went to Mexico on vacation this week without me (Darrell and I were supposed to go to but ended up not being able to because of my school schedule), with my mom being out of town I am babysitting her two dogs (I also have one of my own), my grandma had a major surgery and is in a rehabilitation center (I have been going there every day to check on her), I have had a nasty ear infection and a sore throat, and I have been panicking about my second exit exam attempt. So needless to say it has been a really rough week for me. Today when I passed I had a hard time not crying because I was so relieved! I am so grateful for Darrell for helping me out this week. I have been sick and pretty emotional. He has done everything he could to take care of me and try to cheer me up. I am also grateful for my little brother Clint. He came to my house last night and he and Darrell gave me a blessing. I am so glad, I felt totally calm afterwards and I was able to sleep pretty well. That calm feeling stayed with me today until the last 5-10 questions of my test (I then started getting nervous because I would be getting my score soon). I am also so grateful to both mine and Darrell's families. I truly could not have done it without them!!!

Now I am finished with nursing school I just have to take my state boards to get my RN. Wish me luck! I should be able to pick my test date next week!

1 comment:

BrItTneEanN said...

Good luck! I'm seriously so happy for you! I know that feeling. I also value the power of priesthood blessings, I need to ask more often for those! I actually had to get one a few months ago because of the stress work was causing me and being anxious about getting things done. It has worked and I now can serve families better without being stressed.