Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Birthday!!

This past weekend I turned 24! I had a great birthday this year. My Mom and Dad made me a great dinner for my birthday two weekends ago. They gave me this really cool book with all of Jane Austen's novels combined. Last Thursday night we went out with some of our good friends Kelsey, Blakey, Fat Tim, and Challa. We went to Mi Ranchito (it has been my favorite place to eat for as long as I can remember) and then we went to a movie. It was so much fun! I usually work only on the weekends but I took Saturday and Sunday off to relax for my birthday. It was a great weekend. My parents took our family to Lagoon for the day for mine and my older brothers birthdays (his was in June). We haven't been for a long time! We had so much fun riding rides and just being together. The best thing we did that day was driving the go carts! My Dad accidently hit some random girl and made her spin out on the track! As we were leaving we played the game where you have to slam the hammer down on the little post to supposedly test your strength (hopefully that makes sense) and my Dad and my sister won me a stuffed killer whale. Darrell was so sweet for my birthday too! He made me breakfast in bed, took me to a movie (one that all of his friends would make fun of him for really bad), made me a yummy steak dinner (with roasted potatoes and roasted green beans) and he bought me a new phone! All in all it was a great birthday. Thanks for all the birthday wishes from everyone! 

6 comments:

Kels said...

Yes it is true we had fun.. Sorry I was a stick in the mud though..

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT bday!!

tim said...

Mi ranchito was good! Best mexican food i had in Utah since Beto's. Nice pick, Amanda. So Daryl, how was Sisterhood of the traveling chonies?

Caleb and Shae said...

Happy Birthday hun! I'm glad you found my blog too! I added your link to my blog list. I hope thats ok. Let me know if it's not.

The Spicers said...

Glad you had a great birthday!

The Elms said...

Happy happy Birthday! I need to get Andrew into making dinner ( he has trouble even using the microwave, really sad)- steak is my fav too. Sounds like you had a great one, wish we were there! We need to come say good bye to you guys! Your little Yoko is adorable:)