Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hiking up to the Timpanogas Cave...

Last week while I was on break from school Darrell took two days off of work to stay home and spend time with me. He works during the week and I work on the weekends when Darrell is home. We see each other every night but we don't get to spend a full day together very often so it was very nice to have us both home for two full days! One of those days it was very nice outside so we decided to drive up American Fork Canyon and Hike up to Timpanogas Caves and take a tour. It was a beautiful day with beautiful scenery! The hike took us about an hour and a half and then you tour through a bunch of caves and tunnels with a forest ranger. I have lived in good old American Fork for almost my entire life and have only done this once before when I was probably 7 or 8. I didn't remember how steep the trail was or how many caves and tunnels you go through! It was so cool! Anyways, here are some pictures. They are a little out of order. I am still not very good at figuring out this whole blogging thing!

                                     Some cave formations.

Me overlooking the canyon. You can actually see all the way to the mouth of the canyon into the valley in this one. It doesn't show it very well in this picture though. 

                                                           Beautiful fall leaves!
                 Darrell in front of the sign at the head of the trail. 
Part of the trail where they had to drill through rock to keep the trail going.
                                  The sign by the entrance to the cave.
Darrell and I at the top of the trail waiting for our tour to start.
                                                   Inside one of the caves. 

 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I really need to take my kids up there and hike Timp. i've only done it once, too. love the pic of the leaves.

Caleb and Shae said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun week! I've still never taken the tour of the caves! I'll have to drag Caleb along and make him come with me!

Paul said...

did you do the part of the tour where they turn out all the lights? that's my favorite.