Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Alaskan Cruise!!!

We went on vacation with my family a few weeks ago on an alaskan cruise. There was 14 of us all in our group. We went to celebrate my dad turning 50 this year. We were gone for 12 days. We did a cruise and then a land tour where we traveled by bus and train. Alaska is BEAUTIFUL!! We also had really good weather. There were only maybe two days where it was actually cold and even those few days it was only in the morning. We did some really fun stuff like zip lining, white water rafting, I went halibut fishing, we rented bikes, we went swimming, and most of all did a whole lot of relaxing. We saw Mt. McKinley the tallest mountain in north america. We were really lucky to see it. Our tour guides kept telling us that only 30% of people who visit Alaska get to see it because it's usually covered in clouds. It was a great vacation. Here are some pics:

The day we rented bikes in Talkeetna.
Here is Mt. McKinley. It looks like a cloud in this picture.
Our cruise boat stopped in front of a glacier (so cool!)
In our zip lining gear.
My dad, me, my aunt Carol on the day we went halibut fishing.
I was the only one who caught a halibut that day! I was very proud of myself. I got it sent home to me and it was so good!

We had so much fun! Darrell was taking pictures like crazy. These are just a select few.

3 comments:

Keri and Derek said...

How fun!!

Amy said...

fun!! Love the pictures. love it when you update us.

BrItTneEanN said...

That fish is huge! Love the pics!